When the sun gets timid, when the green says goodbye and Nature enters into their winter sleep, we humans, in search for beauty and comfort, turn our attention to food, fire and friends. The soup boiling on the stove, the fire quietly singing on the background, the laughter of friends and family. The coziness of candles dancing to the wind gushing outside, the smell of roasted, baked, caramelized. They all fill our senses, they all whisper: it is dark, it is cold, but it is going to be alright.
Sweet Paul Magazine is one of my favorites for capturing the beauty of the Seasons. It is an online magazine filled with recipes and inspiration. They started at the Spring of 2010, so there are a few issues available. I went through some of them and found 10 recipes with fall and winter ingredients that I plan to have on my table in the following months. Lots of soups in my picks. Bon Appetit!
- Pears: Thyme-roasted chicken with pears
- Apples: Apple parsnip soup
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin soup with cranberry compote
- Pecans: Rosemary and honey pecans
- Onion: French onion soup
- Kale: Portuguese Kale Soup
- Cinnamon: Fall Stew with Cinnamon, Cumin and Chili
- Beets: Pasta Salad with Beets, Chèvre, & Honey Vinaigrette
- Carrots: Honey Baked Fall Vegetables
- Chocolate: Chocolate and coconut cupcakes