|poster available for sale here|
I have been thinking a lot lately about how motherhood changes us and shape us in diverse ways. It is a daily learning, with trials and errors, ups and downs, cuddles and conflicts that brings the best and the worst in all of us. And in the middle of the busy schedule, appointments and to do lists, I find it important sometimes to sit back and see the whole picture, the purpose behind the parts, the meaning beyond the whys.
Motherhood is hard, but it is worthy. Motherhood hurts, but also heals. Motherhood gives, but receives much more. And in this line of thought I took a few minutes of silence to reflect on 10 Privileges of being a Mom. Here they are:
- Being the most important person for someone else, at least when they need something!
- Shaping someones life with the goal of helping them to become their best version;
- Learning the self-sacrificing side of love;
- Learning the practical side of love;
- Understanding your own parents better;
- Seeing pieces of you in someone's else expressions;
- Leaving pieces of you on Earth after you are gone;
- Learning to love someone just the way they are, no matter what;
- Growing empathy for all mothers in the World;
- Participating in the creation of a body for an eternal soul!